For Current Vendors
2018 Vendor Renewal Applications
All 2017 Approved Vendors must submit the corresponding 2018 Renewal Application in order to be considered as a GFM Vendor for 2018. Note: only approved 2017 Vendors may submit a Renewal Application. New applicants must submit a “New Vendor Application.”
All Vendors must thoroughly read the updated 2018 GFM Vendor Guidelines. All applications, fees, supporting materials, and copies of certifications are due by December 2, 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be processed and may be rejected or subject to fines.
IMPORTANT: Any items or products that are new for 2018 or that were not brought to Market in 2017 MUST be marked as “NEW” or designated with and asterisk (*) on your renewal application. Approval for 2017 products does not transfer to 2018 and is based on actual product brought to Market and nor projections.
You may submit applications and materials as follows:
1) By mail an postmarked by December 2 to: GFM, INC. PO BOX 2617 GSO NC 27402
2) During Vendor load in 12:00 to 3:30 on these Fridays only: November 3, November 10, November 17 and December 1
3) During Market at the desk on Wednesday 11-1 or Saturdays 10-12.
4) Applications will be reviewed Annual Vendors will be invoiced in early December with total (table, additional items, etc.) fees due on December 30, 2017.
5) Vendors with special requests may make an appointment for Friday, November 17, 12-3:30 (email GFMassistant@gmail.com to reserve a time slot).
2018 GFM Vendor Renewal Application Check-List
1) Completed Greensboro Farmers Curb Market 2018 Renewal Application(s) (See below for links).
2) Signed Greensboro Farmers Market, Inc. Vendor Agreement form (Confirms that you have read, understand, and will comply with 2018 GFM Vendor Guidelines).
3) Processing & Application Fee: $35. Fee for each additional vendor category is $10 (Check or Cash)
4) Required Certifications and Supplemental Materials
| — USDA Organic Certification
— Pesticide Free Verification
— Dairy License
— Poultry & Meat Handlers License
— GAP Certification
*Other Certifications or Licenses
— Producer Certificate (completed by County Extension Agent if available)
*Animal Welfare Approved, Oregon Tilth, etc. *
| — Home Kitchen Certification
— Photos suggested (email is acceptable)
| — Production site Certificate (Commercial/Shared-Use Kitchen)
— Safe-Plate/ServeSafe Certification
— Signed Lease or Production Receipts
| — Acidified Food Certificate and test results
— Dairy License (Ice-cream, butter, cheese, etc.)
GFM 2018 Vendor Renewal Materials
2018 Annual Vendor Renewal Applications
2018 Daily Vendor Renewal Applications
Frequently Asked Questions for Vendors
Vendor Use of Market Tables
What are storage options for the market?
Storage of displays in between markets may be provided in market closets. The market is not responsible for any loss or damage to items left on site. Vendors are not encouraged to leave personal belongings, displays, products or otherwise as the market is a multi-use facility.
- Storage is provided in assigned and designated closets.
- Vendor products and displays shall be stored off the market floor.
- Arrangements for any appliance use shall be pre-approved by market management.
- Vendor items should be stored in plastic tubs, labeled, and stored neatly in such designated spaces. Paper goods and cardboard boxes on site must be sealed in plastic bags or tubs for pest control measures.
What are the Curb Market Hours?
Saturdays Year-Round 7-12 noon
Wednesdays 8 am -1 pm beginning April 19 to mid-December
Check Facebook for inclement weather updates.
When can vendors set up for market?
Fridays: 12 noon to 3:30 pm, exiting the facility by 3:45. Annual vendors are currently provided the opportunity to set up on Fridays (and sign out and leave building by 3:45). Early load in on Fridays is intended for farmer producers to bring seasonal products. Vendors sign in and out at the market office, maintain security of the door they are using. Vendors may not provide access to others.
Saturdays: 5:45 to 6:45 am (January- March and October-December) and Peak Season (April to September) 5:30 to 6:45 am
Wednesday: 7:00 to 7:45 am (April to June and November-December) and Peak Season (June to September) 6:45 to 7:45 am
Vendors have 60 minutes following market to remove product & trash, clean booths, and return carts. Market access at other times may be provided, by advance arrangements.
May I rent additional tables?
Yes, additional tables may be available with priority provided to farmers, followed by food artisans and crafters. Extra tables requests must be submitted to management by noon on the Thursday preceding. Management will advise vendors on Friday if a table is available. Payment for extra tables is due before 6:45 am on Saturday Market days at the Management desk. All additional table rent is $25.00 payable in cash or check written to “GFM, Inc.”as per guidelines.
How can we let management know of product arrivals and enews announcements?
To share news of product arrivals, specials, tastings to be included in GFM communications, the deadline is Wednesday at noon. Earlier notification is better. Feel free to include photos, etc. GFM reserves the right to edit copy, etc.
Carolyn Hulsey, Assistant Manager: email@example.com
and copy Lee Mortensen, Executive Director/Market Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 336-373-2402 (leave a message and number where you can be reached).
In person: At manager/information station during market hours, via vendor log
How can we let management know of attendance plans?
Seasonal annual and daily vendors who have been away from Market shall notify Management at least two weeks and no later than the Thursday at noon prior to market to arrival.
What should I do if I have a personal situation or specific question related to my business?
Contact management as above. Market Management office hours are Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 4pm by appointment. Please note staff maybe be working out of the office at community presentations, farm inspections, health fairs and off-site meetings. Meetings are set by advance appointment.
Where can I send my table rent, certifications etc.?
Drop off during Market hours, Friday set up hours or mail to: PO Box 2617, GSO, NC 27402
How can I help my business and the market grow?
- Participate! Read and respond to our monthly updates, submit your new product news to be included in communications, participate in social media, join in event efforts, and provide feedback to market management and Vendor Advisory Chair.
- Read and Follow the guidelines. Be certain to advise all representatives, staff/families to do so as well.
- Represent products in an honest manner at all times, both in written form on signs and in oral form during conversation.
- Conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner.
- Treat all customers, market team members, and fellow vendors with respect at all times. No loud or aggressive promotion is permitted.
- Vendors are required to follow the guidelines as agreed to with vendor agreements.
- Grow or produce all you offer for sale.
Communicate well in advance with management about storage and table requests. Market may provide additional space at stock coolers and shelving for CSA bags for a nominal fee. At all times, aisles must be kept clear and vendors sell from behind the tables.
Storage in-between Market days are provided in designated closets or coolers. All items must be labeled with Vendor Business Name. Vendor products must be stored off the market floor in-between market days (products, displays, chairs, etc.). Vendors are provided use of the table and the shelf below.
How can I add items to my approved application?
All items must be approved on vendor applications. Request to add new items are processed quarterly and you will be notified in writing for new product approvals. Complete the “Application Revision Request” form available online or in the vendor information area.
Where is designated vendor parking?
Saturdays: April to December: After unloading, vendors are required to move their vehicles to either the gravel lot on Homeland or the large surface lot on Lindsay adjacent to the War Memorial Stadium.
Saturdays: January, February and March, vendors may park on the grass or gravel lot on Homeland or under the trees on Lindsay. Vendors may not park on paved customer lots unless pre-approved by management for (a) paid restocking or (b) vendors with medical needs.
Wednesdays: Vendors can park under the trees on Lindsay or on the grass lawn
See our map! CLICK HERE
What Vendor Licenses/Certificates do I need?
All prepared food items, meat, fish, and cheese sold must meet state and local health regulations including the inspection of the prepared food seller’s kitchen by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture health inspectors and labeling in compliance with regulations. Sellers of meat and fish must have valid licenses and provide proof of licenses.
The NC Department of Revenue requires Prepared food and artisan vendors are required to register for a “sales and use tax” certificate. Unprepared foods (such as meat and produce) are exempt from this requirement. There is no fee associated with this requirement and you can register online by going to the following website: http://www.dornc.com/electronic/registration/index.html.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact the DOR at 1-877-308-9103.
What do I need to do for table inspections?
Always have your table ready to be inspected during any market from opening to close. Table inspections will be conducted at least once a season and include verification of proper certification and paperwork in addition to the requirements needed for a satisfactory table inspection as found in the guidelines (name of business and location posted, all products listed on application, pricing for all products).
I’d like to make a special display, banner or other type...
Signage can be important part of your display. Professional signage or homegrown unique signage is welcome. Displays should not be permanently attached to tables, walls or otherwise. Displays should be reviewed with market management prior to design/purchase, etc.