For New Vendors
2017 Vendor Application is now closed.
Vendors wishing to apply to the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market may submit a 2018 New Vendor Application. Applications for 2018 will be uploaded by November 4, 2017.
2018 Vendor Application
Currently GFM is accepting a very limited number of new vendors. Only products not currently available will be considered including:
Farm: Dairy, Meats (goat, turkey) and nuts, berries, all fruits as well as ethnic produce
Food Artisan (Value Added Products): Products featuring ingredients from market farms and locally grown ingredients ( herbs, fruits, vegetables, meats) as well as fruit leathers, meat jerky, vegetable and fruit pickles (peaches, okra, green beans, etc.), juice, smoothies, prepared sandwiches, dairy (goat, cow, or other) cheeses, ethnic foods
Craft: please email images to GFMassistant@gmail.com for consideration
2018 GFM Application Check-List
1) Completed Greensboro Farmers Curb Market 2018 Renewal Application(s) (See below for links).
2) Signed Greensboro Farmers Market, Inc. Vendor Agreement form (Confirms that you have read, understand, and will comply with 2018 GFM Vendor Guidelines).
3) Processing & Application Fee: $50.00; each additional vendor category is $10 (Check or Cash)
4) Required Certifications and Supplemental Materials
| — USDA Organic Certification
— Pesticide Free Verification
— Dairy License
— Poultry & Meat Handlers License
— GAP Certification
*Other Certifications or Licenses
— Producer Certificate (completed by County Extension Agent)
*Animal Welfare Approved, Oregon Tilth, etc. *
— Photos required (email is acceptable)
— Photos required (email is acceptable)
| — Production site Certificate (Commercial/Shared-Use Kitchen)
— Safe-Plate/ServeSafe Certification
— Signed Lease or Production Receipts
| — Acidified Food Certificate and test results
— Dairy License (Ice-cream, butter, cheese, etc.)
You may submit applications and materials as follows:
1) By mail an postmarked to: GFM, INC. PO BOX 2617 GSO NC 27402
2) During Market at the desk Saturdays 10-12
New Vendor Application Forms 2018
Please review all documents before submitting your application
Frequently Asked Questions for New Applicants
How do I apply to the Market?
Applications and vendor guidelines are found on the website, GSOFarmersMarket.org.
- Certifications, photos, and other support documentation are required to process applications.
- Becoming a Market vendor is very competitive.
- Tables are very limited and not all applicants are invited.
What might do well at the Market and may be more likely to be accepted?
In general, products that enhance customer choice are more competitive. The Market is currently seeking applicants with the following items for consideration:
Fruits (paw paws, berries, figs, pears, cherries, plums, etc.) Mushrooms
Goat, Rabbit, Turkey
Value added products like fermented foods (kimchi, pickles), preserves
Limited space is available and only items not currently represented in the market will be considered for review.
While the list above is not all encompassing, the Market does not guarantee acceptance to the Market based on the current needs.
Please inquire from management by email if you are unsure of eligibility.
When can I expect to be notified if I am invited to vend at the Market?
- Applications are currently reviewed quarterly by the Vendor Advisory Committee which makes a recommendation to the board of directors.
- Notifications of application status will be by 45 days after the quarterly application deadline.
- At that time you will be notified of any requirements for site inspections, and a timeline for expected intake into the market. For farmers, inspections by GFM representatives will be scheduled and the inspection may be up several weeks after the notification of acceptance depending on the seasons, location, and so forth.
What is the protocol if I am accepted as a vendor?
You will receive an email or letter confirming your attendance with the details on next steps to officially join the market as a vendor. You may be invited to vend at the Wednesday Market as a first time vendor as space on Saturday is very limited.
What if I applied for several items and I was only approved for certain items?
It is your choice to determine if you want to vend for those items or choose another venue where you can offer your product. The Market balances a mix of offerings based on an annual calendar year. You are welcome to submit a request to add an item at a later date. These requests will be reviewed quarterly as outlined on the application.
What if I wasn’t accepted to the Market?
Your application response will advise your status of your application. Your application will remain on file for one year for consideration.
I see empty tables sometimes at the Market, how come I can’t be a vendor?
Yes, seasonally you may see an open table as we have vendors who may take a vacation, produce seasonally, etc. or you may see open tables when customer flow is slower. Empty tables do not mean there is available vending space.
If I am accepted in the final quarter do I need to re-apply?
Yes, every vendor must apply for the next year. Renewal applications will be available on the website at that time.
How do I become an annual vendor if I am accepted as a daily vendor?
Annual vendor tables are very limited. There is a waiting list of daily vendors interested in obtaining an annual table.
Note: Do your homework. Observe what is for sale already in the Market.
What are the Curb Market Hours?
Saturdays: Year round, 7am – 12 noon
Wednesdays: 8am -1pm, beginning April 19th
What’s the best way to contact the management?
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 336-373-2402 (leave a message and number where you can be reached)
Staff will reply during office hours at the earliest convenience. Due to the high volume of activity on Market days, please contact staff through email or phone during office hours so we can best reply to your needs.
Where can I send certifications etc.
Mail to: PO BOX 2617, GSO NC, 27402 or email email@example.com